Communities In Schools of the South Plains® is seeking to fill the Chief Marketing and Communication Officer position. This position is responsible for all strategic marketing and communication strategies to increase the organization’s brand awareness through advertising, promotional material, and social media. This position requires a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, a related field, or equivalent education and experience. Applicant must be able to pass a criminal background check, possess a valid driver’s license, and have marketing and communication experience. Need to fill the position immediately.
Please submit your application and resume to email@example.com.
SUMMARY: Responsible for all strategic marketing and communication strategies to increase the organization’s brand awareness through advertising, promotional material, and social media.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Envision and develop a Marketing & Communication Strategic Plan.
- Manage the brand and reputation of Communities In Schools.
- Develop communication strategies for the delivery of CIS culture and business strategy to the board of directors, stakeholders, and the community at large.
- Increase brand awareness through all strategies including overseeing all publication templates and formats to improve organizational exposure.
- Collaborate with the Chief Development Officer to develop a digital fundraising strategy.
- Develop and maintain marketing materials to promote fundraising events; usingbut not limited to brochures, flyers, hand-outs, digital marketing outreach, and advertisements.
- Develop and maintain contact with potential partners, including area print and broadcast media, strengthening any existing relationships.
- Maintain a current list of contact information for press releases and collaborate on press release content for the organization as approved by the CEO.
- Utilize appropriate social media sources to promote and market CIS of the South Plains’ programs and events. Adhere to social media guidelines, paying special attention to photo/media release consent forms.
- Oversee the production of all internal publications, including newsletters, releases, and emails.
- Maintain Marketing budget.
- Present, speak, and appear in all media and community venues as a representative of the organization.
- Implementation of all communications both internally and externally
- Organization spokesperson for all crisis communication in the absence of the CEO.
- Collaborate with the team on company events, annual meetings, community events, and internal celebrations.
- Expand partnerships with social media influencers to increase the organization’s brand reach and strength.
- Oversee CIS storytelling efforts such as blogs and social media communication.
- Schedule, set up sites, and oversee all video communications and promotional videos.
- Perform research to determine the needs and interests of the organization’s needs and best interest.
- Nurture leads and engages community funders by directing the development and execution of a sound digital marketing strategy based on our organization’s needs.
- Keep track of the performing and non-performing aspects of the marketing strategy at all levels of the business.
- Actively manage current comments on social media and networking during events.
- Ensure CIS-SP® is adhering to the CIS National Branding Manual guidelines including appropriate use of the official CIS logo and mission statement.
- Attend and participate in leadership team meetings, informing the team of all pertinent information and actions.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with community leaders and attend community meetings that promote the mission of CIS as appropriate and in conjunction with the leadership team.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with CIS-SP® administrative and campus-level team members.
- Compile and submit reports and information in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as may be necessary for the successful operation of CIS-SP®.
- Provide general support al all CIS-SP® departments as needed.
To successfully perform this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree required. Experience in marketing and communications required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to function in a diverse job situation.
- Interact consistently in a positive manner with a diverse group of individuals of the school, city, and state entities as well as brand subsidiaries and the state and national office of CIS®.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher.
- Ability to build charts, graphs, and formula-based spreadsheets.
- Ability to mail merge and complete mailings.
Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as budgets, payroll, and daily operations of the program.
Ability to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
TRAVEL – Traveling locally and state-wide may be required.
Equipment/Software/Platforms Required to Perform Job Duties
Must have a general working knowledge of the following:
Computer/Laptop/Tablet Microsoft Office 365 Suite
To perform the job, a person must have the ability to do the following physical actions:
- Frequently sit (approximately 25% to 80% of the time)
- Frequently stand (approximately 10% to 60% of the time)
- Frequently walk (Approximately 10% to 50% of the time), generally from 5-30 feet within the office
- Frequently lift and carry an average of 5 to 20 pounds and occasionally as much as 40 to 70 pounds or more. Items to be lifted or carried might include but are not limited to, boxes or files, copy paper, supplies, materials, donations, etc.
- Most items will be carried by hand. Most items must be lifted to the knee or waist level, some items lifted to chest level, and only a few items overhead.
- Frequently push and pull objects in order to open and close file drawers, occasionally move items around the office such as a box of copy paper or computer paper, occasionally a small piece of furniture, the office chair, the vacuum cleaner, etc.
- Occasionally bend and kneel to file, retrieve items, etc.
- Occasionally flex upper trunk forward at the waist and partially flex knees,
- sometimes twisting or rotating upper trunk to right or left while sitting or
- Occasionally place arms above, at, and below shoulder height to reach.
- Occasionally climb stairs or inclined surfaces.
- Ability to get to and from work; ability to move from one work location to another work location during the day if necessary. Possession of a valid Driver’s
- License for client transportation purposes or to run necessary errands. Must furnish current proof of insurance.
- Ability to carry and respond to a mobile phone when necessary.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule. This position may require some work on evenings and weekends.
- Occasionally requires going outside during hot or cold temperatures or during wet conditions to work with clients or prepare for special events.
- Occasionally requires going outside during evening and night hours.
- Works alone at times but may work with others.
- May have somewhat cramped work quarters depending on the availability of office space.
Must appear neat, professional, and reflect as a proper representation of CIS®
Adherence to the Philosophy of Communities In Schools On the South Plains®
- Employees must demonstrate knowledge of and performance in accordance with the philosophy of compassion, caring, and respect for the welfare and dignity of others.
- Must display a non-judgmental acceptance of all students/parents/volunteers/staff/co-workers.
- Establish and maintain a good rapport in working relationships.
- Display an appropriate and consistently positive attitude.
- Remain composed during stressful situations.
The above job description reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Additional duties may be added or assigned from time to time.